If you too like many Australian business owners have implemented a mobile-friendly website, you are probably looking for ways to optimise your users’ experience. You want to increase your website’s conversion rates and surely, obtain higher profits. Speed has always been important to Internet users, and given the immense amount of information available online these days, a website needs to load fast in order to retain visitors and encourage them to keep browsing. One of the ways to achieve this is trying Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), a project from Google and Twitter designed to make really fast mobile pages.
What are Accelerated Mobile Pages exactly?
According to the AMP website, this solution “enables the creation of websites and ads that are consistently fast, beautiful and high-performing across devices and distribution platforms.” An AMP is a HTML page designed to be super lightweight; really fast-loading mobile pages are created by stripping them back to basics. This open-source initiative is designed to enable publishers to easily improve speed (and consequently, user experience) for their mobile readership without sacrificing any ad revenue.
AMPs are built with three core components:
AMP HTML – HTML with some restrictions for reliable performance
AMP JS – a library ensuring the fast rendering of AMP HTML pages
AMP Cache – used to serve cached AMP HTML pages
How they can help your business
As you’d expect, pages loading faster come with multiple benefits, including:
- Speed – AMPs load twice as fast as comparable mobile pages
- Visibility – this technology gives your site a boost in visibility and enables you to obtain higher search engine ranks. Google has even started displaying AMP results in organic listings, and you can identify these results by the AMP symbols, in green.
- Reduced bounce rate – this means that users stay on pages longer and spend more time reading your messages. Furthermore, when bounce rate is reduced and onsite experience increases, Google will reward the page. You shouldn’t be surprised to find AMP plugin pages ranking higher than non-AMP.
- Increased engagement – a website whose pages load fast encourages users to interact more with it, check more of its pages, and connect with the business on social media.
- Being a step ahead of your competition – every advantage you have compared to your competitors enables you to get a larger part of the market share and attract more paying customers.
Accelerated Mobile Pages not only make your website more pleasant to use by your mobile readership, but it also improves your SEO with Google, which is a strategic direction for any business looking to be competitive in today’s digital environment.
How can VMA help
Being a small business owner is a challenge. It’s much tougher than being an employee and you soon discover you need to be proficient in a variety of fields, from law to marketing and from human resources to computers.
This is where VMA comes to your rescue, providing our expertise in everything that has to do with web design, SEO, and online marketing. In this case, we can assist by creating these Accelerated Mobile Pages for you, so you manage to upgrade your business website without getting overwhelmed with work and stress.
Give us a call today and let’s see how we can bring the AMP solution into your business, fast and in an effective manner.
The post What Are Accelerated Mobile Pages & How Can They Help Your Business? appeared first on Visual Marketing Australia.